Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bugs' Essay on Agenda Signing.

So, for the last three months of the school year, Bugs has not been bringing his daily agenda home to be signed everyday (which is school policy). Now, this is not a new problem. This has been ongoing since Gr. 3, we've chased, asked, reminded, used posters, and post it notes, and a schedule and every single thing I can think of to encourage him to remember his agenda.

This year I said to myself, "Fuck it." I literally used those words exactly.

Because he was in Gr 6. And if by Gr 6 you can't remember to do something you're supposed to be doing everyday- well, nothing I say or do will help you remember. But natural consequences might....

So, I stopped reminding him. And several times over the year he remembered, then had to deal with losing computer and TV privileges for the same number of days he hadn't gotten it signed for.

Even this didn't seem to make it stick. So, I went with the old, "You owe me a 500 word essay by Thursday. For every day it's late, you'll owe me another 100 words. Get it done at your leisure."

So, here are some snippets of the essay that I found the most amusing:





This last bit was far and away my very favourite.

"You might just get in a whole heap of trouble for not signing it for three and a half months like I did. That sucked because I had to write a five hundred word essay. Guess what? This is it."

Seriously, I laughed so hard. Way to fill in some of those words boyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share comments. If I find your comment offensive- which is pretty hard since I am *almost* unoffendable- I won't publish it.