Saturday, June 16, 2012

Only Brat.

What's the best way to clean an oven?

Seriously, I need the most effective method for oven cleaning available.

The reason I need to know is simple. Brat exploded a cake in my oven yesterday.

Yes. Exploded is the word I meant to use. As in, forceful eruption of cake batter from the safety of the pan to every single interior surface of my oven. Top. Bottom. All four sides.

I don't know exactly HOW it happened. I was standing RIGHT there throughout her "baking". I watched her measure (mostly everything). I just don't understand what could possibly have happened. Maybe Brat slipped some extra baking soda, or baking powder into the batter. Maybe she short changed the flour. Or put extra butter. I don't know. None of those answers, chemically, equals explosion.

I do know that the carrot cake we tried to make is sitting on top of the stove, looking more like a shell than a cake- which makes perfect sense because the body of the cake is splattered about.

All in all, so glad we made a cake. But for Fathers Day, we're going to make a no bake cheesecake instead. And Brat can watch, but maybe I'll do the measuring myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share comments. If I find your comment offensive- which is pretty hard since I am *almost* unoffendable- I won't publish it.