Friday, March 16, 2012

I know, I know, I'm so mature.

I freakin' love Teletoon Retro.

My kids have all been in their beds for the last 3 hours, and I've been watching Teletoon.

I'm such a grown up.

She-Ra, Transformers, GI Joe, He-Man, Jem and the Holograms.

Castle Greyskull, Etheria, Optimus Prime. All of it.

I'm drifting slowly, inexorably backwards to my childhood. I love it. I can remember playing with my MyLittlePonies, playing with my gramma's She-Ra collection (seriously, my gramma is awesome cool), the Crystal Castle my dad bought me for Christmas one year.

I sometimes wonder if my kids like the cartoons I like as much as I do.

My Pet Monster. Awesome.
Carebears/ Carebear cousins (the original ones Thank You)
DuckTales.
Rescue Rangers.
Darkwing Duck.

I could seriously list about thirty cartoons I watch when there is no one around to laugh at me. And if I hadn't just written about it, and blogged it, most of you STILL wouldn't know that I'm a seven year old wearing a hollowed out grown up skin.

Next time you want someone to baby sit your kids, you should probably consider finding someone who doesn't think spaghetti sandwiches are delicious- and wouldn't let your kids eat a bowl full of sunflower seeds for dinner. Seriously I'd let your kids do that. I know this, because I am frequently tempted to let my own do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share comments. If I find your comment offensive- which is pretty hard since I am *almost* unoffendable- I won't publish it.