Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tami Hoag Ripoff....

Got to go out tonight!

WITH my husband. WITHOUT my children. Didn't need a 'babysitter'...

That's right, you guessed it. Bugs is finally old enough to be left alone with his sisters.

So, once the girls were tucked up into bed, D and I left to go to the movies.

Awesome.

We went to see "Premium Rush"- now, when I first saw this trailer it brought to mind a Tami Hoag novel that I read about six years ago, called "Kill The Messenger"...

Now that I've seen the movie, it's apparent to me that the writers of this summers' newest blockbuster are also Tami Hoag fans.

I mean, really? Seriously this is what you got? Her book was better. Even the name of the older Chinese lady is the same (Madame Chen and Sister Chen). One was a 'good guy' and the other a 'bad guy/ snakehead' but still, so close. There's no younger brother in the movie, but there is a little boy. There isn't a 'good cop' coming to believe in the hero, but there's a dirty one who gets his ass handed to him by a bunch of bike messengers in Chinatown.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. It was fun, entertaining, and since I really like that 3rd Rock From The Sun kid, a good time. But Hoag's book was so much better.

On another front: I started the 'Low Carb Diet' with some of the women I work with. I'm already angry and mean. I'm not hungry, I'm just pissy because I want cookies. And unfortunately for me, there are carbs in cookies.

Before D and I got married, I lost 30 lbs in just over 4 weeks. It stayed off until I got pregnant with Brat. I'm looking to hit that same record. I won't, but I'll try. When I lost all that weight before, I was walking/ working constantly and burned calories faster than I could eat anyways.

Not so these days. But I'll try. I'll also keep you all posted on how I'm coming along. Encouragement appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share comments. If I find your comment offensive- which is pretty hard since I am *almost* unoffendable- I won't publish it.